The Gentle Learning Preschool staff is committed to the philosophy of children learning through play. Play is regarded by early childhood specialists as the child’s principal means of expression, problem-solving and developing social skills.
The Gentle Learning Preschool has recognized the value of providing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for young children. Our curriculum is based on children’s intellectual, social and physical needs and is designed to encourage child-initiated learning activities, preparing them for later academic success.
The goals of our program are to provide each child enrolled at The Gentle Learning Preschool the opportunity to:
- Express himself/herself creatively through dramatic play, art, music, and language activities
- Develop a strong self-image
- Develop independence
- Learn to cooperate with others
- Develop a sense of responsibility
- Experience the joy of learning